This was a fun shoot as our model looked absolutely nothing like Sophia Loren. She was short, thin, and had stick straight hair. With hair, makeup, a little lesson in all things Sophia, we think she did a pretty good job of bringing the right amount of attitude to the shoot. Couple that with a little throwback in terms of lighting and lenses and voila…a nod to a bygone era in Hollywood.
Celebrate Spring! Time of renewal and joy! Wake up your portfolio with new photos and revive your career with all things fresh!
We embarked on a journey last year that had us combining the histories of Hollywood and Photography, both of what encompass our brand and our field. Each month this year we will showcase a photography piece from this project and tell you a little bit about it. Here is Miss Tracy Z. Francis who we transformed into the legend Billie Holiday. These photos were done in studio and required a look back into lighting and cameras of the time. We think she captured the spirit of Billie both on stage and the underlying sadness that surrounded the legend. This coupled with the mood we recreated gave us brilliant photos.
Welcome to a new adventure! A clean slate for four seasons of success and memories. My resolutions this year are to grow our family business and take it to the next level. My hope is that our success inspires others to follow their passions, set goals, and achieve! One thing I know for sure is that I will be better about posting blogs and on other social media. Last year this wasn’t exactly a strength. I invite you to come along with my family and I this year! Please follow us on this blog, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/jtproimaging Let’s make it a party! And the adventure begins!!
I was going to write this amazing article today that was going to be a major epiphany for all you models and actors and aspiring models and actors and then I found a blog that pretty much said exactly what I wanted it to…. so I decided to save my epicness for another blog and share this girl’s tips with you today.
Tips for Doing Makeup for Photographs
2. Fill in your brows – Even if you don’t fill in your brows on a daily basis, fill them in for your pictures. Your eyes and face will look so much more complete if your brows are looking polished. This especially goes for blondes. Blonde eyebrows will disappear in photographs.
3. Makeup will photograph 2 shades lighter – In the picture above, Mallory’s lip stick color was a seriously BRIGHT orange, but you would never guess it by look at the picture. Makeup doesn’t translate as vibrant in photographs. I recommend doing your blush, eyes and lip color a little more vibrant than you normally would.
4. Use powder – Even if your makeup is applied perfectly, if you look shiny in your pictures it can ruin your whole look. Once your makeup is complete, use a finishing or setting powder to make everything more matte. I recommend even taking some powder with you (or oil blotting sheets), especially if it’s a warm day.
5. Wear false lashes – I have never had a bride who didn’t like wearing false lashes, even if they were hesitant about them at first. 95% of the people in my portfolio are wearing false lashes, and they make all the difference! Once again, Mallory’s false lashes were sooo long, but in the pictures they look perfectly proportionate. If you want something more natural, buy the individual lashes and just put a few on the outer corners.
8. Wear lip gloss– I, myself, never wear lip gloss. I am a chapstick girl through and through. But when it comes to photos, lip gloss is a must. I consider my lips on the smaller side, so wearing lip gloss really helps them look full and plump in pictures.
9. Wear black mascara – Some people think black is too harsh for their skin tone, but I promise that when it comes to pictures, black looks good on everyone. Wearing black mascara will bring out your eyes a lot more than brown will.
Mothers Day is special time when we take a moment to say thank you to all the women in our lives who have helped raise us, continue to raise us, become our best friends and sometimes just simply put up with us.
Give a special gift to yourself your mother, your best friend or a mother you know. Give that special someone a day of beauty. We will provide a complimentary make over complete with make up and hair. We will style the shoot in a beautiful way befitting of the special woman in your life (or yourself). After being pampered, we will take photos to commemorate the woman you love. And if you want to share in the experience, we will invite you to arrive with family at the end of her session for some family photos.
Mother’s Day is more than a mere thank you to your mother. It is a time when you really get to show the women in your life how beautiful they are…and how beautiful they’ve made your life.
JT Pro Imaging is celebrating mothers and women with special sessions this April and May. Packages with print start at $200. Contact us to set up styling and session.
The term ‘Pin Up’ came to be in the early 1940’s. It simply referred to the mass production of images of a ‘cheesecake’ girl to be mass produced and pinned up. It could be post cards, magazines, calendars, really anything. Over time though, popular culture has taken pin up and turned it into iconic art. It is fascinating to see how businesses have used it for their products, how celebrities have used it to garnish sex appeal, and how painters, pencil artists, tattoo artists, and photographers, have done their take on it and promoted their version of PIN UP.
We recently did a shoot for Lover Dovers clothing. This company is known for its kitchy aprons and sweet and classic look. We took their sweet and flirty and brought it to life in a local retro candy shop. The result was fantastic. When you look at these photos, you see a fun catalog shoot that is full of personality borderline editorial, yet the product is still the focal point.
Photos: Josh Tousey, JT Pro Imaging
Stylist: Jen Tousey, JT Pro Imaging
Hair: Pasquale Caselle
Make Up: Linda Caselle
Aprons: Lover Dovers
Location: Rocket Fizz, Sherman Oaks