This was a fun shoot as our model looked absolutely nothing like Sophia Loren. She was short, thin, and had stick straight hair. With hair, makeup, a little lesson in all things Sophia, we think she did a pretty good job of bringing the right amount of attitude to the shoot. Couple that with a little throwback in terms of lighting and lenses and voila…a nod to a bygone era in Hollywood.
Celebrate Wearing O’ the Green
Celebrate Spring! Time of renewal and joy! Wake up your portfolio with new photos and revive your career with all things fresh!
We embarked on a journey last year that had us combining the histories of Hollywood and Photography, both of what encompass our brand and our field. Each month this year we will showcase a photography piece from this project and tell you a little bit about it. Here is Miss Tracy Z. Francis who we transformed into the legend Billie Holiday. These photos were done in studio and required a look back into lighting and cameras of the time. We think she captured the spirit of Billie both on stage and the underlying sadness that surrounded the legend. This coupled with the mood we recreated gave us brilliant photos.
This was a fun project capturing beauty in motion. I enjoy playing with opposites in a composition of a photograph. The grace and beauty coupled with the muck and the mire of the sewer outlets. Life is much that way and we should always seek out beauty because it is everywhere if you look and want it to be.e
So even though FOX says it isn’t, there certainly is a lot going on! It many circles it’s still officially pilot season this time of year. Do your research, go in prepared, and have GREAT photos! Your reps can only pitch what you give them so make sure they have the variety and the quality they need!!! Capture personality, not poses.
It is an interesting thing…how the mood of a photograph can change based on the saturation or absence of color. I took this photo on a hike. It was a great day and a great many emotions passed through me over the duration of the expedition. When looking over my photos, I went back and forth as to how I wanted to remember the day. The colors were vivid yet there is a simple solace that comes out in the black and white version. I digress… when looking at photography, be it for portraits, head shots, fashion, or environmental, make the choice of color or black and white based on the emotion you wish to convey. After all, a picture, as they say, is worth a thousand words.
Time to have fun and show the world what you’ve got!!! Stand out and be seen like these successful actors and actresses!!
Josh and I love what we do. We are fortunate to be able to wake up each day and be excited for what the work day brings us. We produce a lot of our own shoots, at least once a month but more like twice and that allows for a lot of opportunity for models. If we can help people out with opportunity, that is GREAT!!!
It’s all about setting yourself up for success and the more you are prepared, the more smoothly things will go and ultimately more fun!! In that spirit, here’s all the info you will need to know to shoot successfully with us.
1. ‘Like’ our Facebook Page and watch the postings. This is where we post the modeling opps. We don’t keep a database of models as models change, especially young ones. It’s much better to simply submit for the opportuities that are right for you. We DO think of our clients first and do offer them opportunities as often as we can.
2. Submit as per instructions on the postings. Typically we ask for a recent snapshot and full body shot. We like submissions to go through Facebook. Please read the postings and if you are not right for it, hang tight, there WILL be more opportunity!!
3. Respond quickly and show up for your appointment. One thing I CAN guarantee…if you are a no show, we won’t consider using you again.
4. When we produce our own shoots, it is for our purposes. You will need to sign a standard model release. In return, sometimes you get images. Sometimes you get access to web ready images and have the option to purchase print ready images. Sometimes you get product. It will all be gone over with you when selected. No surprises. 🙂
5. Friends. Sometimes we will ask if you have friends available for a shoot. But yes, share our page and let everyone know!!! Shoots are always a lot of fun when people know each other already.
How about opportunities for make up and hair artists?
YES. We love you!! YES there are opportunities for you too!! Again, watch the postings and we’ll let you know. Do you have a splendid idea and need an amazing photographer to work with? Shoot us an email. We ADORE creativity!!! We’ll look it over, talk with you about your vision, and see if it’s a good project for us to work on together!
YES. We love you too!! Please contact us in a personal message with an introduction and we will meet in person (probably over coffee because really, what is a day without coffee) and we can get to know each other as people and as a business. From there we will discuss what you might need and how best to make that happen!!
Any other questions? We’re always here to answer. So go find us on Facebook, interact with us, and let’s go have some fun!!